Skip to main content

BBHMM!!!: How to Reclaim YOUR Finances and "Secure the Bag" in 2018




Last week, I wrote about New Year Resolutions and offered some practical advice for helping you stick to your resolutions and ultimately achieving those goals. The most commonly expressed NYR is usually saving more money, or managing personal finances better. Today, I'm going to share with you the BES Tips for better money management and introduce to you the StilettoBawse Saving Scheme!

One thing that I have learned in my earlier 20's, is the importance of saving. Not just for rainy days, but it feels good when you are in charge of your finances and not the other way around. And lets forbid that we do have another economic downturn, a plan B is always necessary. Andddddd besides.... living paycheck to paycheck is NOT cutting it in this day and age... Seriously guys, I cannot.

A healthy financial life is not all about how much you make, its about how well you are able to manage your finances and save. Here's how I have maintained control of my finances, which also permits me to splurge on myself every now and again.

BUDGET: Setting financial budgets are important. To budget means that you estimate your total expenses and income for a specific time period (which is usually every pay period ie monthly).What I usually do, even before payday, is make a list of all my expenses and bills for the month and make sure that I allocate the necessary funds to cover those. Groceries, cell-phone bills, utilities, gas....You name it, and I have a budget allocated for it!!

ELIMINATE DEBT: Make a list of all the debt that you have. Credit cards, automobiles, owing your friend but flexing in the club.... IDC ...It's debt .. you better own it and pay that man!
For every payment that you make, if it is available, apply one and a half payment to that bill within the billing cycle. So for instance, if your credit card bill is 150 this month, add another 75 dollars to that payment. In addition to paying off your debts quicker, you will also be in greater credit standing with the financial institutions.

SAVE: - Your savings should be an automated deduction or transfer to another account. The goal is not to spend and then save, but save and then spend what's remaining. Most importantly, DON'T TOUCH IT! Allow your savings to grow over time. While constant withdraws generates little to no interest, untouched savings accumulate higher interest overtime.

Saving at first might be hard, because you're so used to your old spending habits. But I have shared with you guys below an easy savings plan, "The StilettoBawse Savings Scheme" to help you get back on top of your finances!!




Week 1
$2
Week 9
$18
Week 17
$34
Week 25
$50
Week 33
$66
Week 41
$82


Week 2
$4
Week 10
$20
Week 18
$36
Week 26
$52
Week 34
$68
Week 42
$84
Week 49
$98
Week 3
$6
Week 11
$22
Week 19
$38
Week 27
$54
Week 35
$70
Week 43
$86
Week 50
$100
Week 4
$8
Week 12
$24
Week 20
$40
Week 28
$56
Week 36
$72
Week 44
$88
Week 51
$102
Week 5
$10
Week 13
$26
Week 21
$42
Week 29
$58
Week 37
$74
Week 45
$90
Week 52
$104
Week 6
$12
Week 14
$28
Week 22
$44
Week 30
$60
Week 38
$76
Week 46
$92


Week 7
$14
Week 15
$30
Week 23
$46
Week 31
$62
Week 39
$78
Week 47
$94


Week 8
$16
Week 16
$32
Week 24
$48
Week 32
$64
Week 40
$80
Week 48
$96






Comments

  1. great tips! and perfect for going into the new year being fiscally smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! Financial security is soooo important!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Monique. That's why I shared my secret tips!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Dating Me!: Tips on How This Millennial "Survives" Singleness by Cultivating Self Love

I was inspired to talk about this topic after taking myself for Sushi today and jokingly posting a picture of my sushi roll on my SnapChat Story captioned with the title of this post...I'll admit that the title does make me sound like a loner, but I am in fact the complete opposite. First off, I must say that I have experienced all (or most) of the highs and lows of dating and I have grown completely comfortable with being alone. I have taken the time to enjoy life's luxuries alone and developed an unusual liking for "water tasting." I know it sounds really weird, but in my leisure time I have researched and tried several different brands of water in addition to taking up a few online courses. (PS - Core Hydration Perfect pH Water is the business). It is important to understand that being single is not all about drinking wine alone on a Friday night and sobbing over romantic comedies (although I do find solace in partaking from time to time). Being single provides s

New Year New Me!: Why New Year Resolutions Fail and How to Set SMARTER Goals!

                                                                                                           It's almost 2018, and it's time for the  "New Year, New Me's" ........ At the beginning of every calendar year social media timelines are flooded with long cliche quotes on Instagram and Facebook captions where the masses tends to publicise their goals, but in reality never really make any real progress. "I'm going to lose weight." "I'm going to work on my attitude." "I want to make more money." - Oh, This one has been recycled since the Great Depression of the 1930's... No seriously guys... The start of a new year is the ideal time to set goals, and start a new chapter in you life. But why do new year resolutions fail? The first few weeks are usually great. The gyms are packed to capacity, and the church pews are occupied from end to end. The "New Me" is off to a great start. However, many p